Monday, October 31, 2011

Newly Educated and Disgusted:


I am appalled, Disgusted, overwhelmed, and saddened. My eyes have been truly opened to the evil that is America's food Industry. I may have read a couple things, seen a couple pictures but nothing that had so deeply affected me as the documentary "Food INC" has now done.

If you have seen this movie, you know what I am talking about. If you haven't, I strongly urge that you do so as soon as possible. Before you pick up that frozen pizza at your grocery store. Before you put anything else in your cart, watch that movie!


Patrick and I have long talked about and inched our way towards having our own food sources. We have made efforts in that regard. We have chickens, and rabbits, we are composting and starting to garden. But now, I need to double my efforts for sustainability. It's not a game for me anymore. This is a war between Americans and Industry and I have officially joined the fight.


Here is an afterthought for you. If the food industry is putting THAT into Americans' food, what in the world did I just feed the cat.......



Watch the trailer, watch the movie. Tell me what you think.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you watched Food Inc. It had the same effect on me. But now that I understand where and how we get our food it makes me angry to read about how organic farmers are being treated by the government!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting reading about a "Health Department inspection:"

    http://quailhollowfarmcsa.com/30.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all over this Rilla. Couldn't agree more.

    ReplyDelete